iPad Cover 3.0

Well, this is the third try I’ve made at this iPad cover thing and it’s finally looking half way competent. For comparison, here’s the third version (on the left) next to the second one.

The latest one looks less like it was run through a meat grinder.

This time I thought more clearly about assembly and I added more fusible to all the pieces which gave it a smoother appearance. One issue with that however – it made the seams very bulky which isn’t good. I also learned a hard lesson about when to finish the seams with bias tape. BEFORE you sew the whole thing together. Sigh…

While I’m pleased my efforts are getting better, they’re still a ways from being efficient to make en masse, and still don’t look clean enough to sell without embarrassing myself. Back to the drawing–er…sewing board.

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

XHTML– Allowed tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>