The Plaid Spats Experiment

I found a pattern online and this is my first attempt at making use of it. Already I can see problems with the pattern and had to make adjustments. The way it was drawn, the side panels are the same width, which doesn’t make any sense if you want a side closure on the spats. In the future (after I finish the three more pairs I’ve already cut out using this pattern) I plan to draw my own pattern – one that does what I want.

Anyway, these aren’t bad for a first attempt, but probably need refinement before they’re saleable. Even so, I’m thrilled that they were 90% made from “up-cycled” (found) materials.

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

XHTML– Allowed tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>